UPDATE on Financial Team Support awards for
FIRST Tech Challenge Teams
- TODAY - June 5! FIRST notified the first round of applicants about the FIRST Tech Challenge Grant. If you have not applied, it is the first step in receiving financial support this season. New notifications will be released every Wednesday until funds are depleted. This is a FIRST money, not ORTOP money. Click Here for application
- Exciting news! After 16 years, ORTOP is in the process of developing a new WEBSITE. Because of that I am inclined not to spend time updating the old, antiquated website with tons of new team support award information.
- The new ORTOP FIRST Tech Challenge Teams Support Award information is via Google Drive. For information, reference documents, sample worksheet application and the link to the real online application ...but before you click.... there are a few very important changes you need to know about. Read on....
- Changes to the team support application process in a nutshell.
- Two types of applications: New and Veteran
- New School/Organization Applications - The School or organization has never been involved with FIRST Tech Challenge previously or not since Block Party
- Veteran School/Organization/Team Applications - The school/organization has competed in FIRST Tech Challenge in the last two season; Velocity Vortex and RES-Q
- Multi-team application for one School/Organization
- New School/Organization can apply for one or more rookie teams on one app.
- Existing School/Organization Applications can apply for multiple veteran teams or veteran teams and new additional rookie teams on one app.
- Length of application
- New School/Organization application asks for a success plan to determine if the applicant understands the program and the investment of time, energy, funds and support needed.
- Existing School/Organization application is shortened from last year. At least 5 narrative questions were eliminated
- NOW...... CLICK HERE to see the ORTOP Team Support Award information
Bruce Schafer, founder of ORTOP and current ORTOP Board Chair is on special assignment to FIRST creating technical support materials for the newest programming platform for FIRST Tech Challenge. CLICK HERE for Bruce's take on BLOCKS Programming with links to one-page descriptions, training manual, reference manual, FTC SubForum, YouTube Video tutorials and more.
It's almost summer time! We're throwing you an event!
Congratulations to all of our FIRST Tech Challenge Seniors who are graduating high school. Your futures are bright. Thank you for all of your contributions to your teams and our community. We are proud of your accomplishments. As you move toward new adventures stay in touch via the ORTOP FIRST Robotics Oregon Alumni Association. Seniors are encouraged to register attend our first annual SENIOR SEND OFF event on June 25th, 3-5 pm. For more details - CLICK HERE
Click Here to be added to the OR-FTC-Mentor Slack group.
SUMMER TIME CAMPS! We keep hearing that teams are conducting FIRST LEGO League and FIRST Tech Challenge summer camps. Tell us about them so we can help promote them to the greater community and YOU can promote them to your community (if in your area).
Loridee and I started a submit and listing page today for FIRST LEGO League camps. We'll get one up for FTC next week or so.
FIRST LEGO League Summer Camps
Submit your summer camp info/ flyers here
See camp listings here!
Here is our first camp submission
Summit HS --FRC Team Chaos Theory: LEGO Robotics Camp, Bend, Oregon - 4 Sessions in July
PS: Cathy Swider will not be in the ORTOP office June 8 - 20th. I'm vacationing on the east coast and attending the FIRST Community Conference. Yes, I will see the Relic Recovery game! shhhhhh!